Friday, January 20, 2012

Sisters

I was reading a blog from a girl who I went to high school with and just loved her latest entry.  I have paraphrased and added my own touches below.   


The strength of your sister bond is growing stronger.  I hope that we are giving you an environment that is needed to grow a relationship that will not crumble.  I hope you go about your days knowing that someone always has your back.  When your first boyfriend breaks your heart, I hope you crawl into bed with your sister and cry until you giggle knowing that you are much better off without that boy.  I hope that when your parents rules drive you both crazy, you can stay up late and talk all about how they are out to ruin both of your lives. If either of you ever choose to marry, I hope the other is standing witness, even if she is the only witness you have.  And when one of you finds out you are about to become a mother, I hope you pick up the phone and know exactly who deserves one of the very first phone calls.  I hope your bond follows you until old age, where you can both sit back, laugh, tell stories over and over again you both know by heart, and truly enjoy each other.




No comments: