Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Side Note: What Happened After the Track Meet

The previous post was about the track meet and how nice a night it was-- which it was- beautiful weather, good friends, excited kids.  However, we had a slightly different situation once we got home.
When we got home after DQ, it was well past bedtime, but I think the girls had some energy from the sugar recently consumed.  Shay wanted to ride her scooter and Lyssa wanted to blow bubbles outside.  Brett said "okay" and then went to start the sprinklers.  I ran inside to go to the bathroom, and by the time I came out chaos had erupted.  When I walked back outside, Shay who was standing at the top of the driveway had an accident (which hasn't happened in a LONG time, so it was a bit of a surprise).  She immediately started crying.  I went over and tried to help her take her now soaking wet tights and shoes off, when I look down the driveway and Alyssa is jumping in the new "puddle". Yuck.   Shay is now half naked and still crying, I yell for Brett and go get Alyssa who now also needs a bath.  Brett appears and had spilled fertilizer all over himself, so he was not able to even touch the girls and headed off for the shower.  I picked up Alyssa, who was now upset because she come inside and take a bath.  I headed in, with 2 crying, smelly, dirty girls- one in each arm and thought "wow things can sure change fast".  Didn't laugh that night, but did the next day!

No comments: